Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sunday School/History

Here is one of my thoughts for the day: I have listened to many "wiser" adults say that we "younger" adults have no idea why we believe what we believe. I have to say I think they are on to something, most of us don't really know our history. Many of our forefathers were Christians with a strong Christian foundation, they knew their own history. I am not saying that I know everything, I do fall into the younger adults who do not know as much as I should. I am interested in knowing and digging deeper into God's word, and history (and yes I can say I am a nerd...I have embraced my nerd qualities)    :-). I never liked history growing up since most of the time you had to learn dates, years and teachers just never made it interesting. I have found out history is not how I thought it was.

Sunday School or ABF as they call it at our church is going well. For those of you who don't know Scott is teaching a Nearly/Newly Wed class. We have a total of 12 people coming on a pretty regular basis and everyone is sweet. We are about to move to a new room and a new time, which we think will be beneficial. I think if your married or not, we are supposed to live our lives following Christ example. A lot of times as you work on your own relationship with God, you start to notice other relationships you have also become better.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers (sisters), whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

We received an update from Gladney Adoption Agency today. There are six different sibling groups they sent our profile to the CPS worker(s) to look at. Two groups are three siblings, Two groups are two siblings, and Two groups would be a single adoption. We are excited, but trying not to get too excited. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment