Friday, October 3, 2014

Some pictures from a July hike

 
Sky said lets take a Nature Picture.

Just so everyone knows this is Skyler's tree chair

He wanted to keep it... Um, No

Beautiful

It took an hour, but we made it to the top.

 

Funny pic

We rested for awhile,
it was wonderful and peaceful. 
 
 
 
Indian Seats is the name of this place.
 

 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 
 
If I say, "Surly the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,"
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
 
~ Psalm 139:7-12
 
 
When you are wanting/searching for God this verse is comforting. But, when or if you are running from God this is a constant reminder of you holding onto your sin.
 
There was a time I thought I'll do what I want and just deal with what ever happens, how foolish was I. Just as my eight year old cannot see how unchanged habits he has now, can become a major character flaw as an adult. I did not fully understand what I was getting into. I ran from God for a time. I did not cling to him and what I knew about him. I was hurt and felt like I was done, yet he was still there.  I resented him being there at first. I knew I was going to places I should not because I wanted to run away. Then when I wanted out, I felt trapped, I was a prisoner in my own bondage (sin)....I had put myself there and I knew I deserved this pain. I would cry out to God asking him to help me break away and he did provide a way out.  God made a way for a friend from Maryland to come all the way down to Panama City, Florida on a mission trip. He was yelling "Free Pancakes" on the side of the road. I pulled over, we got pancakes and as soon as we sat down he said "What happened to you, you are not the same?" We talked, prayed and he invited me to come to their worship meetings. This was exactly what I needed, at that point I was free. I know that this isn't always the case, but it was for me. 
God was in the darkness with me even though I had chosen to go there. How gracious, loving and awesome is the LORD God, our heavenly Father. If you are searching for him He is there.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment