Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mid January Sum of our Holidays and Fears

We had a sum-what relaxing and good Christmas and New Year. Traveling during the holidays is a strain on any family....we were thankful to not be traveling this Christmas and New Years.

We had a quick visit with Scott's parents right before Christmas. Then they were off to visit the rest of the family. Skyler and I were able to sing in both of our church's Christmas Eve services and Scott helped out on the tec team. The kids were all across the front and of coarse there was at least one dancing boy and one girl pulling her dress up over her head (thankfully she had bloomers on). Skyler learned all the songs and sang his little heart out. It was amazing that I could hear the kids singing even standing behind them about 10 feet and near the drums. More amazing were the joy peoples faces. It really ministers to me to see God's people rejoicing, singing and celebrating Him. Skyler really loved it and I hope we can make more memories like this one in the future.

 
Sky is an official Padawan
Thank you Jedi Master's: Jacob, David, Zander
and Jedi Knight Andrew

Vern Opened some presents too

Happy Day

Sky gave Nana a metal

Christmas party

This was the only time he
was frowning. I asked him to
just to get the classic pic.

Mrs. Megan B. had made all of these.
Sky loved them!

Mr. Snowman Bunny



Over Christmas break we watched our neighbors cat Nacho. He is so cute, as soon as we open the door you hear... Perrrr? Kind of like I'm glad some one is here, but who is it. Skyler loves to play with him, but still hasn't realized that dogs and cats have different rules when it come to playing. We had a great time playing with Nacho.


Nacho is getting used to Sky trying to hold him.
Poor Kitty!!

He liked Scott, followed him everywhere

Time to play

Watching for the toy

Buddies


We also heard great news from Chip and Ginny who have started their adoption journey. They are adopting from China and their blog is http://theperkinsjourney.blogspot.com/
We met this couple at church in Richmond, VA. We love them and are so excited to see where God is leading them.

New Year's day, we had a visit from some friends, Sara and Daniel,  also from Richmond, VA. We got to catch up on when they lived overseas and their plans to return. So very excited for them and we will be praying everything will work out. Skyler warmed up to both of them and wanted to play games. We were able to break out a new game we  got at Christmas, Spot It, and some Wii games. We had a great visit with them and can't wait to hear about their new adventures.

This last weekend we had a group from Charlottesville, VA come down for Passion. They are from Juie & Kemper's church, another couple from church in RVA. We had a total of 12 extra people in our home. Skyler wasn't sure what to do with all the extra people. He was on his best behavior and received a lot of compliments. Scott went with them as a chaperon and was called Sir way more than he wanted..lol  Julie and I stayed with Sky and her little one Caroline. The visit was short but sweet. Scott, Sky and I went to Passion Church Sunday night. It was amazing, loud, colorful and Spirit Moving. Even though the arena was rocking, I could hear Sky "sing/screaming" that is what he called it. It was so off key, but so sweet at the same time. He was belting it out for God.

Caroline and Sky

Julie, Caroline and Nacho
or Nash..show, lol
 

Caroline and Sky playing with Nacho
 

Sky and I goofing off before Passion Church

Amazing

Our friend Ana made it to Passion City

 

Sky belting it leads me into "Fears", I put in the post name. Something I have been thinking about for a day or two. We all have some fears, some of us have more fears than others. I want to do everything the best I can. But I cannot let Fear of doing something wrong stop me from trying it in the first place. I don't know if this makes sense to any of yall or if this just makes sense in my analyzing mind. Am I doing everything I can to glorify God? Do I sing to Him, belting it, crying it, smiling it...or am I analyzing every note, harmony, and sound? Our spirit is to move/yearn towards God. Is it moving or still - paralyzed in fear? There is a time and a season for everything.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.


How do we know what "time" it is for our life. Prayer with God. I am not saying that we will always know what season it is while we are going through it. At the same time you may never know if you don't take the time to slow down and listen, and pray to God.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

When I stop and take the time to call out to Him, he does answer. Not always how, or when I want but he does answer. I cannot let Fear rule my life, I have to put it into Gods hands and leave it there. One of my youth leaders used to say "Let Go and Let God". Sometimes I just get in the way.


 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading your pictures, your thoughts, and activities.
    You are a busy family. (all good stuff).
    Take care, Alice

    ReplyDelete