Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

First Thanksgiving with Skyler


The Kindergartner's had a Thanksgiving Parade in the school. They were cute and all shy since the parents were lining the hallways. I ate lunch with Skyler and met a few of the kids in his class. And, one special girl he announced was "My Bella", then he turned red and gave me the shy, cute smile. HUM... I think he is a bit young to call any girl his. He was so excited that I came to lunch, I was too.


Skyler in the parade


He wanted to show off the necklace he made.


Thanksgiving ~ We went to Uncle Will and Aunt Michelle's house for Thanksgiving. We ate, relaxed, fished, spent time with family, and went to a Christmas Light Parade. Skyler loved the thanksgiving hat I found for him, below.


 Big cheesy smile. He didn't sit in front of the fire for long
"It's HOT!!!"... lol, he jumped up right after I took his picture.


We went fishen', "With WORMS!!!!"
Skyler loved fishing with worms,
and telling everyone else that was near us.


Skyler loved it, we all had fun!
Skyler got his first kiss, and face slap....from a fish.
To bad I didn't catch those on film.


It was a whole family event. 


This was one of the highlights for Skyler, looking for worms.


He was so proud


Scott, Skyler, Forrest and Ethan sitting
and waiting for the parade to start.


They had a few big trees around the square.
Skyler sat on Scott's shoulders for most of the parade.
He walked funny all the way back to the car, his
leg's went to sleep. "My leg's feel funny, Why???"


Skyler has really settled in, and for the most part his emotions have shifted. We have not seen the anger/rage in awhile. I think that he was unsure if we were really going to go to court and keep him, so he was pushing every button possible. Every once in awhile, I'll catch a glimpse of something in his eyes that he is not ready to reveal. He may not even realize it is there, but we will be here when he is ready to let it out. He is so, so excited about Christmas. He is ready to meet the rest of the family. I don't know if they are ready for him, little speed, fire ball of energy. HA!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE these pics & hearing how God has continued to bless your family!!

    Wishing you many more happy memories and copious amounts of fish kisses:)

    ReplyDelete