Thursday, July 28, 2011

3 Months.... What

Here we are at three months (crash coarse in parenting a 5 year old).


Skyler has continued to soak up all he can and has learned so much. He can now Jump Rope 20 times in a row, What?? Which means he figured out how to cheat, flipping the rope around slower and stepping over it....lol. He can jump rope normal, just once then he has to reset everything and jump again, so the other way seems more productive... ha ha.


The other day we were outside, he is just getting to where he likes going outside (Scott and I never had this problem when we were little....it was kinda weird a kid not wanting to play). Anyway, after he road his bike, scooter, and jump roped, he found some dead snail shells, (they were just empty) he buried them, then said "Goodbye". At bed time he prayed that the snails were with God and playing with Him. So cute!!


We have had our monthly/weekly agency visits, CPS visits, therapy visits and CPS calls... who said adopting was easy.... right? Sometimes I wonder how anything can get done, when communication is not so great. Before I get on a soap box, let's change the subject.


Skyler has gone above and beyond what we were expecting, or should I say what we were told about him. I know that he is a great kid. But, we still have some days that are just bad. One time I asked him "What just happened?" and he said "I am just in a Bad Mood", I thought, well yeah, I already figured that out...lol. Most of the time I am good at not laughing or smiling when he needs to know that something is not ok, but it was hard not to when he said that. In June early July we started a sticker a day for good behavior. If he gets two in a row he can either get a prize or get something back that has been taken away. Right now we are working on getting things back. Yesterday he got the majority of his books back, the only books I didn't take out was his Bible,10 Commandments book and I don't want to go to sleep book. I figured he needed to hear those the most, lol.


Yesterday we went into a store that has Christmas stuff up and Yes I said Christmas. We went up and down the aisle's and apparently Skyler has never seen a big Christmas tree (above two feet)...I can not wait to put ours up!! Anyway, he started singing Jinker Bells, Jinker Bells, it was funny. We have a clip of him singing Jinker Bells and Ho ho ho, Ho ho ho, HO HO HOOOO, in the bathtub.


Skyler is all ready for school. We have all the supplies we need and his clothes are just fine until he grows out of them. He knows he goes to school in August and August starts next week. But, I am not sure if he gets the days/weeks yet. I am excited for him and I have to say it is kind of weird to say I have a kid in school. Only being a Mom for three months, ya know. So here we come, onto the next adventure.

 These two are from the 4th.


This was last sunday at lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment